04 Apr Personal Training Top Five by Lacey
My top five reasons why we should all add personal training to our routines, even if we're already going to classes.
1) Private (personal) training is the best way to ensure proper form and technique. While we do our very best to ensure we are providing you with this during your classes, there is no substitute for having a person by your side providing you immediate feedback based on your own body. Your instructor pays attention and cues both your mind and your body making sure you are doing each exercise correctly and as effectively as possible. It is advice you can take with you, as well. Because every body is different, we all need help mastering our form when we move outside of our fitness studios. Your private instructor can help you develop better form for your favorite activities - running, biking, swimming, etc. You will be held accountable to proper form and technique so you are performing at your best and preventing injury - however you choose to move.
2) Personalization and Results. Working privately with a trainer/instructor gives you the opportunity to create a personalized workout program that is geared toward results and your specific goals. A trainer will develop a program that is specific to you. If you want to climb a mountain, start a new workout class (think BarSculpt and Pilates), gain flexibility/strength, or simply look and feel better your personalized sessions will help you get there by allowing you to achieve results you could not achieve on your own.
3) Personal training is key for working with injuries. Not only can private training help you through injury rehabilitation, but it can help you to prevent future injuries. An instructor in a private session has the ability to tailor the workout to your specific needs. In this case, to your specific injury. There may be certain types of workouts you have to avoid during your injury, but it may be that a private BarSculpt or Pilates session is just what you need to keep moving until you are back to your healthy self. We can work with your doctor/therapist to develop a routine that you can work with. With every session, you will also learn how to prevent future injury as we can target areas needing special attention. This may also enable you to enter classes while and after injured as you will know how to modify for your specific needs.
4) Instructors are experts in their field. You can get the most out of this expertise in a one-on-one session. Your instructor can share with you not only the knowledge they impart during their classes, but additional know-how that may benefit you more. You can leave it to your instructor to know what you don't have time to learn in your busy life - the best and latest in fitness and wellness. Your instructor spends time learning and continuing her education in order to be certified in her field(s). This level of education and competence may be what you need in order to succeed in fitness.
5) Support without judgment. It can be intimidating to go to a gym or a group class - we worry about keeping up, understanding the exercises or even what we look like. During a private session you get to forget about all of that and focus on the exercises, your goals, and successes because it is all about you. Your instructor is there to support you through your session without making you feel lost, imperfect, or judged. It may even give you the confidence you need to try something new.